- 3 large chicken breasts
- 2-3 green bell peppers (depending on size, mine were small so did 3), cut into strips
- 2-3 red bell peppers (depending on size, mine were small so did 3), cut into strips
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into strips
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 bag shredded mexican cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- sea salt & black pepper
- for serving: cilantro, avocado, salsa sour cream, up to you!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pat dry the chicken on both sides. Cover a 9×13 baking dish in avocado oil and the rest on the chicken. Season generously with sea salt and black pepper. Cover in the packet of taco (or fajita) seasoning and rub all over. You can also reserve a little taco seasoning to mix with the vegetables.
Throw all the peppers and onions in a large bowl and mix with avocado oil and sea salt. You can also add the taco seasoning at this step. Pour the vegetables over the chicken. Top with as much cheese as you’d like. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the chicken is done & tender.
Serve over rice (like we did for dinner) or in a tortilla (like I did for lunch today!) or any way you’d like! Top with cilantro, avocado, salsa, sour cream, & enjoy! Tastes even better the second day.